Walmart and Sam’s Club— Walmart Vision Centers partners with the Lions Club to collect eyewear. Look for the blue and white Lions Club donation box, or ask your local Walmart if it accepts donations. Find a vision center near you here. Certain optical chains also accept donations.
Where To Donate Eyeglasses – All About Vision
- Seeking to donate your old or unused eyeglasses? Lions Clubs, New Eyes and OneSight are among charities collecting used eyeglasses. You can drop old glasses in a bin at LensCrafters, Walmart or Sam’s Club stores or mail them to VSP or New Eyes.
There are numerous organizations and charities where you can donate your old glasses. Below are some of the most popular places to check out. Lions Club International (LCI) is a well-known organization responsible for collecting eyeglass donations.
- 1 Can I donate my old glasses to charity?
- 2 How can I donate old eyeglasses?
- 3 Is there a charity that takes old glasses UK?
- 4 Do boots take old glasses for charity?
- 5 Do specsavers take old glasses for charity?
- 6 Is it worth it to donate eyeglasses?
- 7 What to do with old glasses cases?
- 8 Where can I donate spectacles?
- 9 Do opticians take old glasses?
Can I donate my old glasses to charity?
You cannot put old spectacles or glasses in your household recycling bin; however, you can donate them to charity. Many do – they are donated to charities who send them to developing countries. Some charities such as Marie Curie will accept unwanted spectacles at their shops.
How can I donate old eyeglasses?
Carefully wrap your old frames in a padded envelope and drop them off at your local Lions Club. Or send them to any of the 13 Lions Club eyeglass-recycling donation center locations. These centers clean, sort, and ship donations.
Is there a charity that takes old glasses UK?
Previous guidance: The best know organisation to which you can donate them is Vision Aid Overseas. They will be recycled to raise money for their work in the developing world. Your glasses can be left at opticians throughout the UK and they will be recycled to raise money for their work in the developing world.
Do boots take old glasses for charity?
Specsavers, VisionExpress and Boots Opticians will accept used glasses for recycling supporting Lions Club International. You can also drop your glasses in to many charity shops including Marie Curie. Boots have a recycling scheme for empty make-up and toiletry containers.
Do specsavers take old glasses for charity?
Specsavers glasses recycling program To make a difference, simply bring your pre-loved glasses into your local Specsavers store and place them in the glasses recycling box or hand them to a team member.
Is it worth it to donate eyeglasses?
Donating Your Glasses Helps Those Who Cannot Afford Lenses or Frames. As someone who wears glasses, you know how expensive they can be. Even when prescription lenses are covered by your vision insurance, finding frames that fit and are affordable can take time and effort.
What to do with old glasses cases?
13 Ways to Upcycle Eyeglass Cases
- Travel sewing kit. An old eyeglass case makes for a super handy travel sewing kit.
- Travel first aid kit. Eyeglass cases are great for these types of kits because they’re just the right size.
- Animal clutch.
- Embellish it!
- Jewelry holder.
- iPod storage.
- Manicure kit.
Where can I donate spectacles?
Eyewear Donations VSP® Eyes of Hope® collects and distributes new and gently used eyewear to help people in need across the globe. Eye doctors and optometric organizations can request eyewear for outreach efforts domestically or abroad, and anyone can donate gently used glasses to join us.
Do opticians take old glasses?
If you like the frames but need a new presription, your optician should be able to take your old frames and swap out the lenses. Most cannot resell glasses – or sunglasses – with prescription lenses, so they will just end up in the bin.