▼ as a girls’ name is pronounced CHARE-ih-tee. It is of Latin origin, and the meaning of Charity is “dear, beloved”. From the word which originally denoted the Christian’s love for his fellow man (Latin “caritas” meaning “generous love”, from Latin “carus” meaning “dear”).
Is there an alternate spelling for the name Charity?
- You can use the Alternate name speller to get unique spellings for common names. Here are different ways to spell, Charity. Would you like to Suggest a spelling? New Search Next Here are similar names If you are experiencing aversions to meat protein foods while pregnant, try tofu, nuts, or even quinoa to get the protein you need.
- 1 What does the name Charity mean for a girl?
- 2 What does the name Charity mean?
- 3 How do you spell blue for a girls name?
- 4 What does the name Hope mean for a girl?
- 5 What name means generous?
- 6 What name means love for a girl?
- 7 What does the name cherish mean for a girl?
- 8 What is the Hebrew meaning of charity?
- 9 What is the Latin root of the word charity?
- 10 What does charity mean in Old English?
- 11 What does chassity mean?
- 12 What are girl names that mean blue?
- 13 What are the most unique girl names?
- 14 What is a beautiful name for blue?
What does the name Charity mean for a girl?
The name Charity is primarily a female name of English origin that means Giving, Kindness.
What does the name Charity mean?
French Baby Names Meaning: In French Baby Names the meaning of the name Charity is: From the Old French ‘charite’ meaning Christian love, based on the Latin ‘cantos’ Charity is held up in the New Testament (I Corinthians 13) as the greatest of the three Christian virtues, with Faith and Hope.
How do you spell blue for a girls name?
The name Bleu is a girl’s name of French origin meaning “blue”.
What does the name Hope mean for a girl?
The name Hope is primarily a female name of English origin that means Desire Of Fulfillment.
What name means generous?
Gennady is derived from an early saint’s name (Gennadius) and shares the same Greek root word as the English word generous.
What name means love for a girl?
Baby girl names meaning “love”
- Adore. Adore means “to love” or “to worship” or “loved child,” depending on which language you are drawing from.
- Ahava. Ahava is a lovely and uncommon Biblical name meaning “love” that is derived from Hebrew.
What does the name cherish mean for a girl?
ch(e)-ri-sh. Origin:Modern. Popularity:2061. Meaning: to treasure, care for; dear.
What is the Hebrew meaning of charity?
Tzedakah is the Hebrew word for philanthropy and charity. It is a form of social justice in which donors benefit from giving as much or more than the recipients. So much more than a financial transaction, tzedakah builds trusting relationships and includes contributions of time, effort, and insight.
What is the Latin root of the word charity?
Charity comes from the Latin noun ‘caritas’, which is derived from the adjective ‘carus’ meaning ‘dear’. It originally meant ‘Christian love of your fellow human beings’ and only started to be applied to organizations that help others in the late 18th century.
What does charity mean in Old English?
Etymology. The word charity originated in late Old English to mean a “Christian love of one’s fellows,” and up until at least the beginning of the 20th century, this meaning remained synonymous with charity.
What does chassity mean?
as a girls’ name is a Latin name, and Chassity means “pure”. Chassity is a version of Chasity (Latin): simplified version of Chastity.
What are girl names that mean blue?
Girl Names That Mean Blue
- Aaliyah (Hebrew origin), meaning ‘heavens, highborn and exalted’, this name is a homage to the blue sky.
- Afina (Romanian origin), meaning ‘blueberry’ a cute name for your little girl.
- Amrin (Arabic origin), meaning ‘blue sky’.
- Anurna (Aboriginal origin), this name means ‘blue water lily’.
What are the most unique girl names?
Classically Unique Baby Girl Names
What is a beautiful name for blue?
Girl Names for Blue Bluebell – English, named for the beautiful blue flower! Okelani – Hawaiian, means “from Heaven” like the sky above! Maya – Hebrew, Spanish, Greek, means “water” like the deep blue sea! Afina – Romanian, Hebrew, means “blueberry”!