When we consider all facets of the organization, we place the Operation Smile charity rating at a strong B-. While they have some areas needing improvements, the organization is still providing a specialized and life-saving service to 12,000 children around the world each year.
- The Better Business Bureau has stated that Operation Smile is a registered and legitimate charity according to the current standards. Overall, the organization passes the standards in most all categories including, board oversight and size, effectiveness in policy and reports, spending on fundraising (the standard is no more than 35%), minimal conflicts of interests, and promptness in responding to complaints.
- 1 What does the CEO of Operation Smile make?
- 2 Is Smile Train a reliable charity?
- 3 Where does Smile Train money go?
- 4 How much does Operation Smile cost?
- 5 Who is the CEO of Operation Smile?
- 6 How does Operation Smile make money?
- 7 Is Operation Smile an NGO?
- 8 Who are the founders of Operation Smile?
- 9 Which is the best cleft palate charity?
- 10 Are Operation Smile and Smile Train the same?
- 11 Is Smile Train UK a good charity?
What does the CEO of Operation Smile make?
The founder and CEO, William Magee, Jr. takes an annual salary of $387,000, plus $28,961 in retirement contributions. Operation Smile’s “fundraising counsel” is paid $1,538,792 a year.
Is Smile Train a reliable charity?
Smile Train is currently listed as a 2019 Top-Rated Nonprofit with 4.5 stars out of 5.
Where does Smile Train money go?
Smile Train empowers its medical professionals to provide free comprehensive cleft care to children around the world. Each donation helps local in-country partner surgeons transform the lives of children living with untreated cleft lips and palates, with only a small portion funding marketing and overhead.
How much does Operation Smile cost?
Operation Smile has provided over 220,000 surgeries for children and young adults born with cleft lips, cleft palates, and other facial deformities in over 60 countries since 1982, at no cost to the recipients.
Who is the CEO of Operation Smile?
Dr. William P. Magee, Jr. is a leading plastic and craniofacial surgeon who founded Operation Smile in 1982 with his wife, Kathleen S. Magee, and serves as the organization’s Chief Executive Officer.
How does Operation Smile make money?
Operation Smile’s administrative costs are 10% of revenues and fundraising costs are 27% of donations. This means Operation Smile’s total overhead costs are 37%. For every dollar donated, $0.63 go to the cause.
Is Operation Smile an NGO?
Operation Smile is a non-governmental organization (NGO) with no affiliation to politics or religion.
Who are the founders of Operation Smile?
Smile Train is the largest cleft-focused organization with a model of true sustainability — providing training, funding, and resources to empower local medical professionals in 70+ countries to provide 100%-free cleft surgery and other forms of essential cleft care in their own communities.
Which is the best cleft palate charity?
Founded in 1982, Operation Smile is one of the oldest and largest volunteer-based organisations dedicated to improving the lives of children worldwide. We have provided hundreds of thousands of safe surgeries for those born with cleft lip and cleft palate worldwide.
Are Operation Smile and Smile Train the same?
Smile Train pays local doctors to perform cleft surgeries, while Operation Smile sends doctors to other countries to do cleft surgeries.
Is Smile Train UK a good charity?
Smile Train Inc has been highly successful, raising enough money to assist with nearly a million operations so far, according to its website.