Charity Miles sends a small donation to a non-profit organization for every mile you run, walk or bike. The app tracks your activity and, when you’re finished, donates 25 cents for each mile you’ve covered on foot to the non-profit you want to support.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS | Charity Miles
- Charity Miles is a free iPhone and Android app that enables people to earn corporate sponsorships for charity while walking, running or biking. How does it work? Just launch the app, choose a charity and either walk, run or bike. The selected charity then earns money for every mile covered.
Charity Miles is an iPhone and Android app that helps you turn all the miles you walk, run and bike anyway into money for charity. How does it track my miles? The app uses your phone’s internal pedometer and GPS to track your distance.
- 1 Does Charity Miles really donate?
- 2 Is the Charity Miles app legitimate?
- 3 How much money do you get per mile on Charity Miles?
- 4 How does Charity Miles team work?
- 5 Why is charity Miles not working?
- 6 How can I donate to charity with no money?
- 7 Does Impact app really donate money?
- 8 How do I link strava to charity Miles?
- 9 How do you get pledges on Charity Miles?
- 10 Is there anyway to run for charity?
- 11 How can I raise money for a charity walk?
- 12 How many people can be on a charity Miles team?
- 13 How do I join a charity Miles team?
- 14 How do I see team members in charity Miles?
Does Charity Miles really donate?
The Charity Miles application helps them earn money for a charity while they run, walk or bike. It donates 10 cents a mile for biking and 25 cents a mile for walking and running to charity.
Is the Charity Miles app legitimate?
Luckily, Charity Miles is legit, and I’ll explain how it works in a moment. Charity Miles makes earning money for a cause a simple and rewarding experience. The app could stand a few improvements that would make it easier to understand, but overall it’s a wonderful fitness app that’s well worth using.
How much money do you get per mile on Charity Miles?
Once you commence a session, the Application will track your distance and, subject to the amount of the Purse, you can earn up to 25¢ per mile for your chosen Charity while walking or running, and up to 10¢ per mile while biking, in each case subject to our overall Cap, defined below.
How does Charity Miles team work?
You can create a pledge page where your friends can pledge sponsor your miles at whatever rate per mile they want. It’s like an old school pledge drive: they pledge X¢ per mile up to an amount they are comfortable with. Then, when you complete your miles they make their donation directly with your charity.
Why is charity Miles not working?
If your workout miles are not posting to your Profile, the main reason could be that you have a poor WIFI or LTE connection. If you have a strong connection and your miles are still not saving to your profile, click on Contact Us in the top right-hand corner of the Help section or email: [email protected]
How can I donate to charity with no money?
How to Support Charities When You Can’t Make a Cash Donation
- Donate in Your Will.
- Donate Supplies or Items.
- Reach Out to Your Network.
- Buy From Charity Shops.
- Buy From Certified B Corporations.
- Make and Sell Baked Goods or Crafts.
- Donate Your Professional Skills.
Does Impact app really donate money?
Impact app simply converts your steps to charity. With every km you cover, Impact’s corporate partners donate Rs 5-10 to the NGO you choose. The charity amount comes from the CSR budget or their corporate partners.
How To Sync With Strava
- Tap the Settings button on the Home screen.
- Tap the + button next to Strava.
- Log in to your Strava account.
- Authorize Charity Miles.
- After you authorize the connection the + button will turn into a checkmark. To disconnect tap the checkmark.
How do you get pledges on Charity Miles?
You can also follow the step-by-step guide below.
- Click the “Get Pledges” button on the bottom right of your Home screen.
- By sliding the bars on the calculator, you can see how much you can raise.
- Enter your miles goal.
- Confirm your charity and then add a photo that will appear at the top of your pledge page.
Is there anyway to run for charity?
Running a race for charity may be the most common way to support the organization you love. But many organizations also offer other options for contributing such as becoming a run coach, volunteering at races or related events and hosting community fundraisers.
How can I raise money for a charity walk?
Proven fundraiser walk ideas
- Costume walks. Costume walks are a great way to get participation.
- Dog walks. Make it a dog walk and have participants bring their pets.
- Charity walk t-shirts.
- Kid-friendly walks.
- Make it a food event.
- Develop teams.
- Stay in touch and share results.
How many people can be on a charity Miles team?
Anyone can create a team, and you can be on as many teams as you want. You can see the collective number of miles a team has accomplished together, as well as a Leaderboard of the top 25 members on the team.
How do I join a charity Miles team?
How To Set Up / Join A Team
- On the home screen, tap the Teams icon on the bottom bar. This will take you to the Teams Page.
- Enter your Team Name along with a brief description, and then attach a photo to represent your team. Tap Create.
- To join an existing team tap the Search for a Team text.
How do I see team members in charity Miles?
Swipe the black bar to see your miles, the company miles, and any money raised from company sponsorships. The Leaderboard tab shows the top 50 team members with the most miles. The Activities tab shows all workouts and steps done by every team member.