A philanthropist is a person who donates time, money, experience, skills or talent to help create a better world.
- someone who gives money or goods to an organization, especially one that helps people. The usual word is donor. someone who gives things such as money or goods to an organization, especially one that helps people British an arrangement that allows a charity that you give money to, to get extra money from the government
- 1 What is the word for charitable person?
- 2 How would you describe a charitable person?
- 3 What is another word for giving to the poor?
- 4 What are the synonyms for kindness?
- 5 Is charitable a character trait?
- 6 How do you use the word charitable?
- 7 What does the name charity mean?
- 8 What is a giving person called?
- 9 What is a gift giver called?
- 10 Is it good to help the poor and the needy?
- 11 What is the true meaning of kindness?
- 12 What is D opposite of kindness?
- 13 What can I say instead of please?
What is the word for charitable person?
altruistic, humanitarian, philanthropic, accommodating, benign, tolerant, thoughtful, magnanimous, forgiving, considerate, gracious, beneficent, benevolent, big, bighearted, bountiful, eleemosynary, good, helpful, humane.
How would you describe a charitable person?
The definition of charitable is being kind, forgiving and generous and helping those in need. An example of charitable is someone who volunteers at a soup kitchen; a charitable person. Kind, generous.
What is another word for giving to the poor?
money, food, or other donations given to the poor or needy; anything given as charity: The hands of the beggars were outstretched for alms.
What are the synonyms for kindness?
synonyms for kindness
Is charitable a character trait?
Always ready to help, they’re pro-humanity, approach situations and others in positive ways, and are open to opportunities that make a difference. Closely linked to altruism, people with this trait are more motivated to engage in selfless acts of kindness, generosity or charity to support those around them.
How do you use the word charitable?
Examples of charitable in a Sentence He performs charitable work to help the poor. They give money to charitable causes. She has tried to be charitable about her sister’s problems. Half of the class has a chance at passing the test, and that is a charitable estimate.
What does the name charity mean?
French Baby Names Meaning: In French Baby Names the meaning of the name Charity is: From the Old French ‘charite’ meaning Christian love, based on the Latin ‘cantos’ Charity is held up in the New Testament (I Corinthians 13) as the greatest of the three Christian virtues, with Faith and Hope.
What is a giving person called?
A philanthropist is a person who gives money or gifts to charities, or helps needy people in other ways. Famous examples include Andrew Carnegie and Bill & Melinda Gates. In English, the -ist suffix describes a person who does a particular action. A philanthropist practices philanthropy.
What is a gift giver called?
One who bestows something to others. gifter. almsgiver. benefactor. bestower.
Is it good to help the poor and the needy?
Helping the poor and needy people is a good deed. Tossing out money or other kinds of donation do help the poor and needy people but the need is to direct your energies and efforts in raising them, building relationship, teaching them and moreover, regaining their self-confidence and self-esteem to work for themselves.
What is the true meaning of kindness?
Kindness is defined as the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate. Whereas, being kind is doing intentional, voluntary acts of kindness. Not only when it’s easy to be kind, but when it’s hard to be.
What is D opposite of kindness?
Opposite of the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate. malice. animosity. callousness. cruelty.
What can I say instead of please?