You can skydive for FREE if you reach your fundraising goal.
SKYDIVE FOR FREE!
- Step 1: Choose Your Charity.
- Step 2: Set up your page on CharitySkydive.org.
- Step 3: Raise money for your cause.
- Step 4: Skydive for FREE!
- Step 5: Contact CSC to coordinate PR.
How many charity skydivers do GoSkyDive work with?
- Charity Tandem Skydive. Over 2000 people a year choose to tandem skydive in aid of charity with GoSkydive and we work with 100’s of charities across the UK. We are the only specialist first-time tandem skydiving centre in the country so are the ideal partner for charities whose fundraisers who have never jumped before.
Whichever charity you choose to skydive for, you can do it at Skydive Langar. This is an example of how it works: Most charities will allow the cost of the skydive to be covered using up to 50% of the sponsorship money. Therefore if you collect at least twice the cost of the tandem skydive, the whole cost of your jump would be covered.
- 1 How much do you need to raise for a charity skydive?
- 2 Why do people skydive for charity?
- 3 Can you make a living skydiving?
- 4 Can you skydive without an instructor?
- 5 What can I do for charity ideas?
- 6 What are some fundraiser ideas?
- 7 How old do you have to be to skydive?
- 8 Do a sponsored parachute jump?
- 9 Can you pass out when skydiving?
- 10 How much does it cost to skydive?
- 11 Can you skydive if your fat?
- 12 How long does a skydive last?
- 13 Can you go solo skydiving?
How much do you need to raise for a charity skydive?
Most charities will allow the cost of the sky dive to be covered using up to 50% of the sponsorship money, however, a minimum amount of at least twice the cost of the tandem skydive should be raised.
Why do people skydive for charity?
Why? The skydivers provide us with a clue: Performing stunts for charity appeals to us emotionally. It’s unusual, it’s exciting, and it’s instinctively pleasing for donations to be “earned” through risk-taking.
Can you make a living skydiving?
Skydivers can go through several levels of certification, and with enough experience it is possible to earn wages by helping other people to skydive, and instructing those interested in also earning various levels of certification.
Can you skydive without an instructor?
Becoming a solo skydiver means you have the freedom to jump without needing the supervision of an instructor. It recognizes that you have completed your training and are able to take responsibility for yourself and for your equipment.
What can I do for charity ideas?
GIVE YOUR TIME
- 6 Donate blood. Donating blood regularly – or even as a one-off – is a great way to ensure that you’re giving back to those who need it.
- 7 Volunteer your time in a soup kitchen or homeless shelter.
- 8 Take part in a charity run.
- 9 Get involved with Decembeard.
- 10 Sell or donate your unwanted gifts.
What are some fundraiser ideas?
These quick and easy fundraising ideas require relatively little investment of time and money compared to their potential results and popularity with donors:
- Matching Gifts.
- Coffee Bean Sale.
- Dog Walking.
- Text-to-Give Tools.
- Penny Drive.
- Specific Date and Amount Fundraiser.
- Used Book Sale.
- Holiday Candygrams.
How old do you have to be to skydive?
As mandated by the USPA, all first-time skydivers must be at least 18 years old. This rule is hard and fast – no ID, no jump. Before heading out to the dropzone, make sure you have a valid, government-issued ID.
Do a sponsored parachute jump?
Many people who make a parachute jump do so whilst raising funds for a worthwhile cause. Skyline are the largest organisers of sponsored charity jumps in the UK working with well over 3,000 charities who will all pay for your charity skydive in return for you raising a minimum amount of funds for them.
Can you pass out when skydiving?
It is possible. Yes, you can pass out while skydiving. But, it’s not a very likely scenario for you to find yourself in. The rare handful of people who experienced a lapse in consciousness while on a skydive likely made a few key mistakes.
How much does it cost to skydive?
Summary. Budget $400-$600 for your tandem skydive experience. Like any product or service, you get what you pay for. If you go the cheapest option don’t expect too much.
Can you skydive if your fat?
The question we hear most often is, “Is there a weight limit to skydive?” To answer bluntly, yes there is. For AFF (Accelerated Free Fall), the weight limit is 225 lbs, no exceptions. For a tandem jump, we can typically accommodate up to 265 lbs.
How long does a skydive last?
Generally speaking, you can expect a skydive to take 2 – 4 hours from start to finish, beginning when you arrive at a dropzone. The truth is, the answers to these big questions aren’t always the same. There are a few factors that’ll influence how long your skydive will last.
Can you go solo skydiving?
After completing the required number of skydives in your training progression, you will be cleared for self-supervision and can skydive completely solo! Though, skydiving by yourself is just the beginning. Once you receive your skydiving license, you will be cleared to jump with other licensed jumpers.